The Riu Merengue exudes magnificence and class in every aspect of its promotions, so it's only natural that its restaurants and bars are. The All Inclusive Riu Merengue Puerto Plata resort upholds its pledge of excellence, and that includes the satisfaction of its guests' taste buds.
Of course, the Riu Merengue All Inclusive Hotel in Puerto Plata will only have the best cuisine options available in order to satisfy the tongues of various nationalities. Indeed, the All Inclusive Riu Merengue does not limit itself to one flavor.
The two other brethren resorts alongside the Riu Merengue will guarantee that your lunch and beverage privileges will always be varied throughout the duration of your hotel stay. Boredom and monotony is not an option when it comes to fine dining at the Riu Merengue All Inclusive Hotel in Puerto Plata, which is evidenced by the following establishments:
- La Roca: This is the All Inclusive Riu Merengue's pride and joy when it comes to open-air, plaza-like eateries featuring endless buffets. Whether you want to pick the best entrees for your breakfast and lunch or enjoy the adorable little menu changes they have during theme-dinner sessions, this Riu Merengue restaurant truly delivers the goods.
- La Plaza: This huge, open-air covered court that doubles as a bar keeps up with the All Inclusive Riu Merengue's tradition of immersing its guests with the tropical ambiance of the Atlantic. It's open from about noon to late night, so it's undoubtedly one of the social hotspots of the All Inclusive Riu Merengue.
- La Rumba: This is yet another open-air bar that serves as the resort's special lounge of sorts; it is mostly known for providing the guests of the Riu Merengue All Inclusive Hotel in Puerto Plata with an active nightlife.
- Pacha: This air-conditioned disco from the neighboring Riu Mambo hotel will have you partying from ten in the evening to two in the morning, provided that you're eighteen years old and above and it's not Monday (because they're closed on Mondays).
- Macumba: The Riu Merengue All Inclusive Hotel in Puerto Plata understands the importance of all-inclusive variety, which is why the Macumba establishment embodies inimitable diversity in just one place. During the day, it's mostly a restaurant and snack bar that serves an all-afternoon snack buffet or delicious Continental breakfast to start your day. You can even avail of some late night fun here because this place also transforms into a wonderful bar that's open from late morning to late at night.
Also, just beyond the snack bar is Macumba's Italian Restaurant, which is celebrated for its a la carte dinners. This Riu Merengue eatery requires you to follow a dress code and get a reservation, but these rules are worth the trouble, if only for entrees like beef filet with mushroom sauce; chicken breast stuffed with Roquefort sauce, cheese, and spinach; sea bass in Mallorca sauce; and spinach and cheese Cannelloni in tomato sauce.
As for the steakhouse portion of the Macumba restaurant (which imposes the same reservation and dress code requirements), you can get wonderful, mouth-watering dishes like pork chops, ribeye steak, beef filet, lamb chops, and a Crêpes Suzette or a Fruit Flan with Ice Cream for dessert. Satisfaction is not only guaranteed, it's also a prerequisite in the Macumba Steakhouse.